For Improved Mask Ablation
Two well-known weaknesses of the Flexo printing process can be eliminated by X!Mask: Avoiding of hard edges and unsteady image with unsatisfactory color density in solid areas causing „pinholing“ or „mottling“.
The lasered surface in full-tone and mid-tone areas is structured by superimposing a user-defined bitmap structure. The distance between the imposed structure and the edge of an area can is defined as a parameter. Highlights and small positive vector elements, below a defined threshold, are supported during the UV imaging process by raising the bottom of the plate locally. The two functions are independent of each other. Standard TIFF data are analysed and adapted on the fly during imaging.
Pictures of Print Signatures
Magnified 280 times
- Better printing results without additional effort and loss of time
- X!Mask works with any raster and resolution
- Structuring available to cope with relief coating up to wide web film
- Lineatura from 175 to 1796 lpi
- Suitable for all LAMS plates